Οutdoor play is one of the basic needs for a kid. It helps them letting off steam, but also develops moving skills and socializing. Check out these clothing tips for the playground:
1. It’s important that kids wear comfortable clothes during play, so that their belly and genitals are not suppressed. So, in general, you should avoid jeans, thick pullovers, very tight shirts and heavy shoes. Prefer tracksuits, elastic tights, comfortable hoodies and t-shirts.
2. Skin breathing is also vital, as the kid sweats while running around. If the kid wears a t-shirt it would be wise to be made of organic textile, because sweating opens up skin pores and sensitive child skin is likelier to absorbs chemical substances found in non-organic clothing.
3. Avoid sandals, even when it’s warm out. Closed-toe shoes like sneakers prevent rocks and gravel from getting stuck in their shoes.
4. If your child has long hair, make sure it’s tied up so it doesn’t get caught on equipment.
5. Many outdoor playgrounds are the home of mosquitoes, due to moisture and shade. Make sure you have a proper anti-mosquito lotion before you get there.
6. Dress kids in clothing that’s okay to get dirty and stained – a major part of free play is allowing kids to get dirty!