Baby swimming is an activity that more and more parents choose for their child, as it is associated with very important benefits for its healthy and development. Indeed, it is one of the few activities a baby can do, and parents spend quality time with it. The season at specialized swimming pools for children has begun. Learn all you need to know here to make this gift for your baby!
What is baby swimming?
Baby bathing is a method of developing baby’s water skills in a form that looks more like a game. It is intended for infants from 40 days to 3 years old. After three years, the child can join the children’s swim classes. Baby swimming is always done with a parent and includes exercises that improve the baby’s relationship with water.
What are the benefits of baby swimming?
The benefits of baby swimming are impressive, both physically as well socially and emotionally:
– At the physical level, swimming in a completely safe environment and under the guidance of specialized coaches, helps the child to develop early strength, timing of their limbs, respiratory system and abilities in the water.
– His contact with swimming from such an early age ensures his later swimming skills and a sense of safety in the water.
– This kind of activity keeps the baby energetic, gives him joy and confidence and helps him develop a dynamic personality.
– It has been observed that infants participating in a baby swimming program are calmer and more comfortable, while also sleeping better.
– Swimming time is a great opportunity for the parent to spend quality time with their child, while watching the child become independent and take initiative.
– The child comes into contact with his or her peers and socializes, at an age in which most infants usually only come into contact with adults.
What do you need to start baby swimming?
Equipment includes swim diaper or waterproof disposable diapers. Babies do not wear headgear, which is only mandatory for parents and children over three. A hooded towel and flip-flops or shoes with a non-slip sole are essential if the child is walking. If the swimming pool is outside, then a waterproof UV sunscreen may be required. For older children, swimming in outdoor or non-heated pools, it is advisable to use special swim suits, to preserve the body temperature.